AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
Los Angeles LGBT Center
HOW YOUR GIFT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Center’s HIV/AIDS services are extremely comprehensive. The Jeffrey Goodman Special Care Clinic provides HIV and STD testing, medical care and case management services; Mental Health Services provides people with HIV mental health and substance abuse counseling and treatment; our youth programs provide homeless youth shelter, food, and support that decrease their risk for HIV transmission and LifeWorks offers mentoring, support groups and sexual education to youth at risk but still at home; Senior Services offers support for older people living with HIV; and in all of our 20+ programs those most at risk for HIV infection stay healthy because of targeted prevention/education programs. Finally, the Center staff advances funding and policies important to all those living with HIV, in California and nationally. Collectively, the Center provides 42,000 client visits a month in our 5 facilities and HIV and sexual health will remain one of our top priorities until this epidemic is over.
The Center is committed in the next 12 months to:
- Providing 35,000 HIV and STD tests
- Providing STD treatment to at least 7,500 people
- Providing ongoing medical care and case management to 2,900 HIV patients in the Jeffrey Goodman Special Care Clinic
- Serving as a leader in L.A. County’s target reduction of 25% in the HIV infection rate before the end of 2015
Your gift(s) to the Los Angeles LGBT Center help us provide the following essential services for prevention and care. Government funding never covers all the costs of expensive HIV/AIDS care. Your support bridges the gap and provides us the resources to expand critical services and fully serve those in need.
- $50,000 underwrites the cost of comprehensive HIV wraparound services by a case management team for 3 months for 135 patients
- $35,000 funds an HIV Counselor for 1,200 clients per year
- $25,000 covers 5 months of mental health therapy for 28 patients
- $15,000 provides comprehensive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education, and counseling to 100 clients
- $10,000 covers 3 months of psychosocial case management for 300 patients
- $7,500 provides a nurse for one month to administer STD screening and treatments for 400 clients
- $5,000 covers a full year of laboratory testing for 11 patients
- $1,000 covers a full year of medical supply costs for 40 patients
- $1,000 funds one client receiving Post Exposure Prophylaxis
- $250 provides Rapid HIV Antibody tests to 20 clients
- $180 provides HIV prevention counseling sessions to 20 teenagers
- $150 provides comprehensive HIV/STD testing to 1 client
- $30 covers the treatment medication for 1 client infected with an STD
- $10 buys 114 condoms that the Health Education and Prevention Program will distribute