AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
Online Tent Assignment Instructions
AIDS/LifeCycle is fast approaching! Aside from the adventure of riding your bike 545 miles, or working together to support our cyclists for seven days, you will also be camping for six nights with over 3,000 cyclists and roadies. AIDS/LifeCycle will provide two-person tents and you must use only the tents we provide. Please do not bring your own tent. Two participants will be assigned to each tent so you will need to choose a tent mate. If you do not choose a tent mate prior to Orientation Day, one will randomly be chosen for you.
Each participant will receive a tent “address” assignment indicating your assigned space on the tent grid and the specific Gear Truck that will be transporting your gear from camp to camp. Even participants who are not planning on tenting in camp MUST get a tent assignment so that a Gear Truck can be assigned to transport your gear.
Participants must place their tents ONLY in their assigned tent space. Our campsites are carefully planned out so that we can accommodate everyone safely and comfortably. Camping in your designated space minimizes the wear and tear at each site, and enables staff members to locate you in case of an emergency.
Below are your options for getting a tent assignment.
Online Tent Assignment (INDIVIDUALS not tenting with a team or group):
- Available for cyclists who have reached a minimum of $2,000 in their fundraising account on or before May 17, 2013, and for roadies who have submitted their Medical Form and Waiver.
- There are no geographic or agency restrictions for online tent assignment! You may select any active participant as a tent mate, regardless of which geographic area they are from. Use the Online Tent Assignment form in your Participant Center to find and select your tent mate.
- Once your selected tent mate has met the minimum $2000 fundraising requirement, they will be able to accept or decline your invitation.
- Online Tent Assignment is ONLY available until May 17, 2013.
- Once confirmed, you and your tent mate will receive your specific tent assignment at Check-In on Orientation Day. You will not need to visit the Tent Assignment line at the Cow Palace that day.
GROUP Tenting using Online Tent Assignment:
- Available for participants who wish to tent with a group of friends.
- Select a group keyword and make sure all members of the group use the exact same keyword. We recommend choosing a keyword that is arbitrary and unique because if more than one group chooses the same keyword, they will be mixed in together. Words such as “Lifecycle,” “AIDSRide” or your team’s name are not good keywords. Words like “skywalker2000,” “1banana” or “machine9” are better examples of appropriate keywords. Your keyword must match exactly to be in the same tenting area; keywords are case-sensitive!
- After you have been paired with a tentmate, complete the online form and enter the group keyword when asked. NOTE: You must be paired with a tentmate before you can enter a group tenting keyword.
- Participants with the same keyword will be assigned near one another.
- Everyone in the group must meet the requirements for online tent assignment by May 17th. If some members of the group are unable to do this, the larger group should NOT use this option. Instead, the entire group must visit Tent Assignment together on Orientation Day.
- No changes or additions can be made after May 17th, 2013.
Tent Assignment on Orientation Day (GROUPS or INDIVIDUALS)
- For participants who do not meet the requirements for online tent assignment by May 17th 2013, or who choose to get their tent assignment in person at Orientation Day.
- Visit the Tent Assignment booth with your tent mate to get your tent assignment.
- Groups of participants who wish to tent near one another and do not use the online tent assignment option should visit the Tent Assignment booth together.
If you have any questions about Tent Assignment or Orientation Day, please contact your Cyclist Representative or Roadie Coordinator. They’ll be happy to answer all of your questions!