AIDS/LifeCycle is a nonprofit public benefit corporation which has been granted tax exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). Our Federal EIN is 94-2927405.
- What personally identifiable information is collected through the Site;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection and use of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and,
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- How to direct questions regarding this privacy statement.
What Information We Collect
Our Site provides online donation and registration forms which require users to provide contact information that may include name, e‑mail address, address and similar information and credit card information. We also allow users to submit information about their interests.
How We Use and Disclose Information Collected Online
We generally use the information we collect online for the purposes for which it is provided and to communicate with you about our endeavors. For example, we use your personal information to process transactions that you enter into using our Site (such as memberships or donations), and to respond to your questions or requests. We may also use your personal information to communicate with you about our fundraising activities.
How your information is used: Event Registrations
Our event registration forms require registrants to provide us with name, address, e‑mail address, gender, date of birth, credit card number and expiration date, emergency contact information.
- Credit card information is used for processing the event registration fee;
- The date of birth is used to establish that the participant has met the minimum age requirement to participate in the event, and as a way of establishing the participant’s identity the first time he or she visits the secure participant-only sections of the event website;
- Once registered, participants can expect to receive regular updates, invitations and other communication from AIDS/LifeCycle. Our communication may include information or offers from our partners and event sponsors, but it is our policy to not share event participants’ information with those partners and sponsors;
- Emergency contact information will only be used in the case of an emergency situation that occurs during a training session or on the event itself, and will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
How your information is used: Donations
Requesting Information About the Event
Prior to registering for AIDS/LifeCycle, individuals requesting information about the event through our website at http://www.aidslifecycle.org may receive periodic communication via mail, e-mail and/or telephone about AIDS/LifeCycle including, but not limited to, information about training rides, pre-event parties and functions, informational meetings and about the event itself. Individuals who have not registered to participate will not receive solicitations from either the San Francisco AIDS Foundation or the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. Your request for information about AIDS/LifeCycle will not result in any solicitations.
Our participants may receive periodic solicitations via mail, e-mail and/or telephone. Participants registered through the San Francisco AIDS Foundation will receive Status, mailed three times annually. Participants registered through the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center will receive Vanguard.
We take measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. For example, our Site uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to help protect the security of information submitted online through our Site. SSL is a coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of "Cookies"
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which AIDS/LifeCycle has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Offline v. Online Practices
This policy applies solely to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information obtained online through our Site, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted offline.
How You Can Update or Correct Your Personal Information
You may update your personal information at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by contacting us by telephone at 866-245-3424.
How to unsubscribe from mailing lists
All online AIDS/LifeCycle communication provides information on how to unsubscribe quickly and easily. Those wishing to opt out of receiving communications from AIDS/LifeCycle ("do not contact"), can simply contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 866-245-3424.
Questions or Concerns regarding our privacy statement?
995 Market Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94103