What is the difference between "Roadie" and "Volunteer"?
- A Roadie must register for AIDS/LifeCycle just like the Cyclists and spend the whole week working on the event.
- A Volunteer helps out all year long in the office, on special events, doing outreach, or even helping with Opening Ceremony and the Finish Line Festival. Volunteers do not need to register for the event but do need to RSVP to specific events or fill out this brief form below for other volunteer opportunities not listed.
AIDS/LifeCycle has opportunities for volunteers throughout the year.
- We regularly need volunteers for special projects in our offices in Los Angeles and in San Francisco.
- Volunteers staff the many special events that we produce to help recruit and prepare Cyclists and Roadies for the big event in June.
- Veteran Cyclists are invited to become Training Ride Leaders to help thousands of Cyclists prepare to complete AIDS/LifeCycle safely and successfully.
- The are many outreach opportunities for volunteers to help us spread the word about AIDS/LifeCycle at street fairs, LGBT events and cycling events throughout the year.