Calendar of Events
We’re a year-round community! Come to any of our workshops, training rides, special events, and social outings, and don’t forget to bring a friend.
If you’re looking for a specific type of event, use the the “Narrow Your Results” menu below to filter by event type (we host all types of events, so there’s something for everybody!) or by Region by selecting NorCal, SoCal, or Outside CA.
- This event has passed.
Staying Healthy on AIDS/LifeCycle – An Online Workshop
May 10, 2022@ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Is your body ready for the challenge of AIDS/LifeCycle?
In this workshop, we will cover general concepts in sports medicine to help the participant anticipate potential issues while on the road. We will also provide general tips related to nutrition, pain/inflammation management, heat injury prevention and general tips to know when to ask for help.
Highlights of the workshop:
- The pre-participation questionnaire: Who should consider getting medical clearance before paticipating?
- Sports Nutrition: Nutrition recommendations as well as hydration/electrolytes replenishment tips
- Pain and inflammation: Highlights of NSAIDs, Opiates, Acetaminophen use
- Heat Injury: Overview of different types of heat related injuries and tips on prevention
- Managing general medical issues while participating: Infections, Cardiovascular, Gastrointestinal and hematologic
About Dr. Nas Mohamed:
Dr. Mohamed is a primary care physician and is a fellow of the American Medical Society of Sports Medicine. During his training, he worked with UConn men and women basketball teams, USA Gymnastics team, USA Rugby team and the Pittsburgh Pirates professional baseball team. Dr. Mohamed currently provides general internal medicine care, HIV care and sports medicine care at Osra Medical.RSVP
Join Zoom Meeting