! -- DonorDrive Widgets End -->
We’re a year-round community! Come to any of our workshops, training rides, special events, and social outings, and don’t forget to bring a friend.
If you’re looking for a specific type of event, use the the “Narrow Your Results” menu below to filter by event type (we host all types of events, so there’s something for everybody!) or by Region by selecting NorCal, SoCal, or Outside CA.
Terrain: Rolling Hills with a Few Steep Climbs
Meet: 6:00 AM
Ride-Out: 7:00 AM
This year, due to permitting issues, and until recently, the uncertainty regarding COVID restrictions, the format for the 2022 Paul Hulse ride has changed.
This year the ride be on Saturday, April 2nd, and the ride will be known as the Paul Hulse Appreciation Ride in recognition of your support of PosPeds these past two years.
1. This year’s route will be from Santa Monica (same location as the Southern California Kick Off Ride—Colorado Center Park at Broadway and 26th St with FREE parking at the Center) heading down Broadway to 7th Street then down to PCH. We’ll take PCH (there will be a couple of rest/bathroom stops along PCH) to Port Hueneme Beach Park where we’ll have lunch (see note below regarding lunch). This will be our turn around point to head back to Santa Monica. Total mileage is approximately 101 miles.
2. Parking at Colorado Center opens at 6 am and ride out will be 7 am. Note that parking does not open until 6 am. Please take a ticket as the ticket will be required to exit. As mentioned above, parking will be FREE.
3. This year’s ride will be FREE, and as in the past, the ride will be fully supported with TRL’s, SAG support, snacks, water, and lunch. If you wish to donate your 2020 Paul Hulse registration fee, please notify us in your RSVP. If we do not hear from you, we will refund your balance to your PayPal account used to register for the 2020 Paul Hulse ride.
4. Registration will be through the ALC calendar site and will be limited to 125 riders plus TRL’s. Once registration is full, no additional registrations will be accepted. This is due to the City of Malibu restrictions regarding organized rides through the city.
5. In your RSVP please note your lunch preference: Vegetarian, tuna, or turkey.
6. Vaccination is required and will be checked at the check-in table. Helen’s Bike will be open early for all your riding needs.
You can see the route HERE.
Please familiarize yourself with AIDS/LifeCycle COVID-19 Protocols prior to arriving at the start of the ride.
If you are interested in attending, please be sure to RSVP. Have questions? Contact Curtis Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIRED ITEMS: bike, helmet, water bottle(s) & snacks, tire changing tools, pump/Co2 cartridge, and a mask. If you don’t have any of the items listed, please contact us. We’ll help you figure out what you need and where to get it!
COVID-19 Policy: Vaccination is required to participate. All participants must have received one Johnson & Johnson dose or the second Pfizer/Moderna dose at least two weeks before the Training Ride. Masks are required when 6’ of social distancing cannot be maintained. This includes rest stops, indoors and in vehicles with more than one person.