Volunteer with AIDS/LifeCycle!
Interested in getting involved as a one-day volunteer throughout the year? We utilize volunteers all year long in the San Francisco and Los Angeles areas to help in our offices, at our warehouse, and at events.
|San Francisco||Los Angeles|
|CLICK HERE and fill out a form to let us know you want to be included in upcoming volunteer opportunities!||CLICK HERE and fill out a form to let us know you want to be included in upcoming volunteer opportunities!|
What are the types of volunteering?
- Office Volunteering – Could include anything and everything from folding t-shirts, organizing supplies, tent chip preparation, and preparing materials for Orientation Day. Many hands make light work and we’d love your support!
- Special Event Volunteering – We host a number of events for the community throughout the season and volunteers help with Check-In and other event production needs.
- Upload – This two day event is when we prepare all of the trucks and vehicles that will be driven by Roadies and Staff during AIDS/LifeCycle and prepare the Cow Palace for Orientation Day, including room setup and setting up enough bike parking to house 2,500 bicycles.
- Orientation Day – Our biggest volunteer need of the season is the Saturday before AIDS/LifeCycle to help with Orientation Day. On this day we need 400 volunteers! Volunteer shifts are in the morning or the afternoon in any number of areas including check-in, bike parking, traffic, incentives, and more!
- Ride Out – Volunteers help as we send off our Cyclists and Roadies in style. The largest need on this day is assistance with traffic in the early hours of the morning. Volunteers also help with bike parking, breakfast, and general event production.
We welcome volunteers of all ages! Folks under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign off on their participation before volunteering with AIDS/LifeCycle.
Have some questions? Email a member of our Roadie Coordinator team and we’ll get you up to speed!