Arriving at the Cow Palace
- The main gates at the Cow Palace will open to Cyclists, Roadies and guests at 4:00 AM.
- Cyclists and Roadies should arrive by 5:00 AM. (Some Roadies may have a different meeting time and place; please confirm with your Roadie Captain).
- The main arena will open at 5:30 AM.
Participant Drop Off and Shuttles
- Vehicles may enter the Cow Palace gates between the hours of 4:00 AM and 6:00 AM to drop off participants
- Spectator Parking is $10 per vehicle. No fee will be charged if you’re simply dropping someone off.
- Participants staying at host hotels should utilize the AIDS/LifeCycle shuttles. Tickets are available through our Travel Planner.
- No vehicles will be able to access the main gate after 6:00 AM.
Gear Drop Off
- Gear Drop Off will open at 4:00 AM.
- Upon arrival, take your gear bag to your assigned Gear Truck. There will be signs and Volunteers to direct you to the correct truck.
- All gear bags must be tagged with an AIDS/LifeCycle Gear Tag. Additional tags will be available at drop off.
- After dropping off your gear bag, proceed to the arena for Opening Ceremony.
- A light continental breakfast and Peet’s coffee will be provided outside the main arena doors before Opening Ceremony.
Opening Ceremony and Ride Out
- The main arena doors will open at 5:30 AM.
- Stretching on the arena floor will happen at 5:45 AM.
- Opening Ceremony will begin at 6:00 AM.
- Ride Out will happen immediately following Opening Ceremony at approximately 6:30 AM.
What to Bring to Opening Ceremony
- Your gear bag. Take your gear to your assigned Gear Truck before the Opening Ceremony.
- Your ID, cash, credit cards and medical insurance card. DO NOT pack these items in your gear bag.
- Your helmet with your participant number affixed to the left side.
- Full water bottles or hydration pack.