AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
All Cyclists and Roadies must attend Orientation Day
Saturday, May 31, 2014
The Cow Palace
2600 Geneva Avenue
|The Cow Palace map it|
PLEASE NOTE: HOURS HAVE CHANGED THIS YEAR.
Orientation Day will open at 10 AM and close at 5 PM. Please arrive no later than 12 PM. Plan to spend up to 3 hours completing your Orientation Day process. Lines are shorter in the afternoon.
Both Cyclists and Roadies will need to bring your E-Ticket (available in your Participant Center) and valid identification (driver's license or other photo identification) for Orientation Day.
AIDS/LifeCycle would like to thank Sports Basement for providing Shuttle Bus service from their store to Orientation Day. The Sports Basement Shuttle Buses will run every hour from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Orientation Day.
Cyclists: park your bike FIRST before completing any of the following steps (unless you've shipped your bike to Orientation Day via one of our shipping services).
The following steps must be completed before proceeding to Check-In. Some of these steps may be completed online in the Participant Center before Orientation Day. Your E-Ticket, which is continuously updated, will show which of the steps you've already completed, and which steps you'll need to complete on Orientation Day. Please print your E-Ticket and bring it with you on Orientation Day. We recommend printing it as close to Orientation Day as possible so that your E-Ticket reflects the most up-to-date information.
|Safety & Orientation Video||
Do NOT Bring
- Plan to arrive no later than 1 PM to ensure completion of the Orientation Day check-in process; please allow 3 hours to complete all steps. If you need to turn in donations please allow an additional hour.
- Please park your bike first (unless you have shipped your bicycle via one of our shipping services). You will be provided with a sticker to remind you where you parked your bike.
- If you have a bike box that you would like ALC to transport to L.A. for you, be sure to label your bike box with your name, phone number and participant number and leave it with the volunteers at Bike Parking. Your bike box must be empty, and you will not have access to it until the Finish Line Festival. Please note: ALC will not be transporting cardboard bike boxes this year.
- You will be required to leave your bike overnight at Orientation Day. Overnight security will be provided. Take your helmet and water bottles with you to prepare for riding out on Day One.
- Before leaving Orientation Day, you must return to your bike to attach your participant number to your bike. You must display your participant number on your bike during the entire week of AIDS/LifeCycle. The frame number should not be altered in any way.
- You must also attach your participant number sticker to the left side of your helmet before riding out on Day One. You must display your participant number on your helmet during the entire week of AIDS/LifeCycle.
Roadies please plan to arrive at Orientation Day no later than 12:00 PM in order to allow an hour and a half for the Orientation Day check in process. There will be a mandatory Roadie Meeting at 2:00 PM.
10 AM Doors open to Orientation Day Check In.
12 PM Mandatory Roadie Team Captains meeting
2 PM MANDATORY ALL ROADIE MEETING
3 PM Individual Roadie Teem Meetings
Roadies will break into individual team meetings directly following the mandatory all roadie meeting. You'll meet your Captain(s) and teammates and find out your meeting time and location for Day One.