AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
All Cyclists and Roadies must attend Orientation Day
Saturday, June 3, 2017
The Cow Palace
AIDS/LifeCycle 2017 ORIENTATION DAY HOURS
- General Open Hours: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Bike Parking and Bike Tech: opens at 8:00 AM.
- Participant Orientation Meetings: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM (RSVP in your Participant Center).
- Check-In, Incentives and Camp Store: opens at 9:30 AM.
GENERAL INFO AND TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
- Plan to spend at least 3 hours completing your Orientation Day process.
- If you need to visit bike tech, do so as early as possible. Bike tech opens at 8:00 AM.
- You can visit Camp Store, Incentives, Medical, and Donor Services before the Participant Orientation Meeting, but you must complete the Participant Orientation Meeting before Check-In. NOTE: Camp Store, Incentives, Medical, and Donor Services will open at 9:30.
- Food is available for purchase from the Cow Palace concession stands.
- Parking is available for $10 at the Cow Palace.
ORIENTATION DAY SHUTTLE
- Sports Basement Bryant will be providing Shuttle Bus service from their store to Orientation Day. The Sports Basement Shuttle Buses will run every hour from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Orientation Day.
Sports Basement - Bryant
Bryant 1590 Bryant St
San Francisco, CA 94103
- In addition to the shuttle, Sports Basement is hosting a ALC Rider Appreciation Party at Sports Basement Bryant the day of Orientation. Come on down to the bike shop for drinks, snacks, tutu making, nail painting, and more!!! All riders will receive 15% off for the day!
- Bikes are allowed on the shuttle, so if you need to get your bike to Orientation Day, don't fret! Sports Basement has you covered!
- Need to pick up any last minute supplies, head to Sports Basement Bryant on Orientation Day for 15% off. They are hosting a Party in the bike shop for all riders!!!
CHECK-IN APP NEW FOR 2017
- You must have a photo ID.
- There will be a CHECK-IN APP download available in your participant center on May 18th. This App will indicate your RSVP reservation for the Participant Orientation Meeting.
NOTE: If you do not have a smartphone or prefer not to download the app, you will need to print your RSVP confirmation from your Participant Center.
- NOTE: If you do not have a smartphone or prefer not to download the app, you will need to print your RSVP confirmation from your Participant Center.
PARTICIPANT ORIENTATION MEETING
- All participants must attend the MANDATORY Participant Orientation Meeting in its entirety before checking in.
- There will be 4 meetings: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM. RSVP in your Participant Center. For those that do not RSVP, it will be first-come, first-served pending availability.
- To gain access to the Participant Orientation Meeting line, you must show your RSVP confirmation, available in the Check-In App or printable in your Participant Center.
- Upon completion of the Participant Orientation Meeting, you will receive an orange wristband, which needs to be kept on for the duration of the event. You must receive this wristband before checking in.
CYCLIST FUNDRAISING MINIMUM
- All Cyclists must have at least $3,000 showing in their fundraising account before checking in.
- If you have cash or a check to turn in to reach $3,000, visit Donor Services prior to checking in.
- To ensure the health and safety of all participants, everyone must submit a Medical Form prior to checking in.
- Participants should complete the Medical Form online in the Participant Center to bypass this step on Orientation Day.
- The online Medical Form is available from March 31 up until May 13 in your Participant Center.
- All participants must complete the tent assignment process.
- Tent Assignment is available in online your Participant Center from March 17 to May 12.
- If you did not complete tent assignment online, you must go to the In-Person Tent Assignment area of Check-In with your tent mate and/or group to receive your tent assignment.
- If you completed tent assignment online, your tent and luggage chips will be included in your Check-In packet.
- If you do not have a tent mate, we will assign you a tent mate on Orientation Day.
BIKE PARKING INFO FOR CYCLISTS
- Park your bike first when you arrive at the Cow Palace
- If you shipped your bike via one of our shipping services and your bike needs assembly, come to Bike Parking when you arrive to claim your bike and take it to Cannondale for assembly.
- If you have a rigid bike box that you would like ALC to transport to L.A. for you, be sure to label your bike box with your name, phone number and participant number and leave it with the volunteers at Bike Parking. Your bike box must be empty, and you will not have access to it until the Finish Line Festival. Please note: ALC does not transport cardboard bike boxes forward to the Finish Line Festival.
- You will be required to leave your bike overnight at Orientation Day. Overnight security will be provided.
- Before leaving Orientation Day, you MUST return to your bike to attach your cyclist number to your bike frame. You must display your participant number on your bike during the entire week. The frame number should not be altered in any way.
- You must also attach your participant number sticker to the left side of your helmet before riding out on Day One. You must display your participant number on your helmet during the entire week.
IMPORTANT INFO JUST FOR ROADIES
- Plan your day so you can attend the MANDATORY all Roadie Meeting at 12:30, any applicable captain and team meetings, and complete all steps of the Check-In process, including attending a Participant Orientation Meeting.
- There is a Mandatory Roadie Team Captains meeting at 10:30 AM.
- There is a MANDATORY ALL ROADIE MEETING at 12:30 PM.
- Following the all roadie meeting, individual teams will conduct meetings. All meetings should be complete by 3:30 PM. Time will vary based on roadie team assignment.
- Contact your Roadie Team Captain or your Roadie Coordinator if you need need help in planning your schedule.
WHAT TO BRING TO ORIENTATION DAY
- Your photo ID.
- Your bike.
- Your smartphone to access your RSVP confirmation for the Participant Orientation Meeting (or your paper confirmation).
- Your cash or credit card. You'll need these if you haven't met your fundraising minimum, or if you want to do some shopping at the Camp Store.
- Any additional check/paper donations if you need to drop them off at Donor Services.
DO NOT BRING TO ORIENTATION DAY
- Your gear bag. (If you are arriving directly from the airport, we will have temporary luggage storage available while you finish the Orientation Day process).
- Helmet and water bottles (unless you're riding your bike to Orientation Day).
- Donation solicitation signs. Soliciting for donations on-site at Orientation Day is not allowed.
- Pets. We love pets, however pets are not allowed at the Cow Palace.