Get Involved as a Volunteer
Interested in getting involved as a One-Day Volunteer throughout the year? We utilize Volunteers all year long in the San Francisco and Los Angeles areas to help in our offices, at our warehouse, and at events. Join us!
We need your help for these upcoming events
Northern California Events
NorCal Day on the Ride
Saturday, May 4th
Day on the Ride is a fully supported Ride experience complete with Rest Stops, Lunch, Camp Store, and a lot of Snacks! This event is open to anyone and everyone, regardless of AIDS/LifeCycle affiliation!
Saturday, June 1st
On Orientation Day thousands of Cyclists and Roadies will pour into the Cow Palace to begin their 2024 AIDS/LifeCycle experience. It takes hundreds of volunteers to ensure that the day runs smoothly and efficiently. Volunteers help all over the Cow Palace on Orientation Day doing various tasks including: Bike Parking, Traffic, Check-In, Camp Store, Thank you Gift distribution, and more!!
Southern California Events
SoCal HOLIDAY PARTY
Saturday, December 2nd
AIDS/LifeCycle is hosting our Holiday Party on Saturday, December 2nd at the Anita May Rosenstein Campus in West Hollywood! Come enjoy gourmet snacks, holiday spirit, a "snowball" fight, and great company while supporting a great cause and helping our participants in celebrating the season of giving.
Saturday, January 27th
Expo is an extraordinary day spent with the ALC Community. The day starts with a short bike ride around the San Francisco Area, then everyone enters the building to interact with ALC Staff, Community Partners, Check out the Camp Store, Attend workshops, Participant in a Gear Swap, even pick up earned Fundraising Incentives.
SoCal Day on the Ride
Saturday, April 27th
We're back and ready to ROLL! Join us for Day on the Ride 2022 and get a taste of what a day on AIDS/LifeCycle is like - we can’t do this without our Volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering for the day, or for setup or download the days before or after, please fill out this form.
A Note on COVID-19 Safety
At AIDS/LifeCycle, we are committed to providing a safe experience for our participants, volunteers, vendors, staff, and the communities that welcome us. With this in mind, Please read our current Covid-19 Policy.
What are the types of volunteering?
- Group Volunteering: Looking for an opportunity for your group to volunteer together? Whether a corporate ERG or just a group of friends, we have many projects throughout the year that need groups! Get in touch today and let’s work together!
- Office Volunteering: Office Volunteering: Help us stay organized! Volunteering in one of our offices helps immensely with projects like sorting and folding apparel, organizing supplies, and/or preparing for our big event!
- Upload & Orientation Day Set-Up: Help us get ready for The Ride! Taking place over two days in the week before The Ride, Upload is where we organize all of our vehicles, supplies, and equipment to get ready for the big event! We also need volunteers to help set up for Orientation Day.
- Orientation Day: Getting 3,000 participants checked in and on the road is no small feat! Come join us by volunteering for Orientation Day! There’s lots to do – from participant check-in to organizing bike parking, running traffic to working in our camp store – Orientation Day is our biggest volunteer day of the year!
- Finish Line Festival & Closing Ceremony: Join us in LA as we welcome AIDS/LifeCycle participants to the end of their 7-day adventure! Hands are needed to help distribute event materials, guide people, organize bike parking and gear, and more!
We welcome volunteers of all ages! Folks under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign off on their participation before volunteering with AIDS/LifeCycle.
Have some questions? Email a member of our Roadie Coordinator team and we’ll get you up to speed!