By being a part of AIDS/LifeCycle, you will help us work towards the following:
- Fund the work of San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center to provide free HIV/AIDS medical care, testing, and prevention services.
- Raise awareness to end the stigma surrounding HIV/AIDS.
- Provide a positive, life affirming experience for people affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Grow our community of activists, volunteers, and ambassadors fighting to end AIDS.
- Honor those who have passed from AIDS-related causes.
AIDS/LifeCycle is a 7 day, 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles, co-produced by and benefiting San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. We make sure that pedaling those miles is all you have to focus on – our teams take care of the rest. Throughout the year, we’ll have opportunities and events to help you train, fundraise, and make it to the starting line with water in your bottles, air in your tires, and everything else you need to be ready for the Ride.The event raises awareness about the ongoing HIV/AIDS epidemic and funds services such as HIV testing, prevention, care, and much more.
Since 1993, when the Ride began as a for-profit event called “California AIDS Ride”, participants have raised more than $220 million and completed more than 42,000 journeys on bikes from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
Russell Roybal, Chief Advancement Officer at San Francisco AIDS Foundation
“The dedication of our riders and roadies—and their generous donors—makes it possible for us to provide vital medical care and services to people living with HIV and to provide prevention tools, including PrEP, to those most at risk of becoming infected,” said Los Angeles LGBT Center CEO Lorri L. Jean. “As the Center celebrates our 50th anniversary, we salute everyone who is part of the amazing AIDS/LifeCycle community working tirelessly to end AIDS.”
Lorri Jean, CEO of the Los Angeles LGBT Center