THE FINISH LINE
Saturday, June 6, 2020
11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fairfax High School
7850 Melrose Ave,
Los Angeles, CA 90046
ABOUT THE EVENT
Wondering exactly where we finish AIDS/LifeCycle? This year we’ll be heading to Fairfax High School, located at: 7850 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046!
What happens at the Finish Line Festival (aside from the overall sensation of victory?) Check out some of the festivities we’ve planned:
- As you ride through our Finish Line chute, you’ll be welcomed and cheered-on by friends and family of all ages
- Join us at the main stage on the festival field for beats and fun music to keep you dancing.
- Lunch will be served in our food truck village with 10+ trucks serving diverse and delicious cuisine.
- Roll in by 5PM and meet us on the festival field for the end-of-event video presentation
- Pick up your victory t-shirt and take photos with friends – new and old!
- Let your Participant Rep know if you have any questions.
- Gear pick up, bike parking, bike shipping, and other participant services will all be on-site
- Bike Shipping – Cyclists are able to ship their bike from the Finish Line Festival via one of two options. Check out the Travel Planner section of the ALC website for more information!
- ACE Ride – AIDS/LifeCycle’s exclusive bike shipping service. Sign up in advance for special pricing on bike tune-ups! In-California bike shipping including San Francisco, San Diego, and Palm Springs, plus nationwide shipping service as well!
- FedEx Ground – Ship your boxed bike via AIDS/LifeCycle sponsor FedEx!
- Cannondale – AIDS/LifeCycle Official Bike Partner Cannondale will be on-site to assist with all of your bike tech needs! Have your bike broken down and boxed up for $25.00, or purchase a new cardboard bike box for $25
- Rental Bike Return will be with InCycle near the Cannondale bike tech area.
- Download will take place at 6900 Romaine St. Los Angeles, CA 90038. Unless otherwise directed, all Roadie teams will head directly to Download after coming in from the Route or arriving from camp. Staff will be on-site to guide you through the process of returning your vehicle and equipment, and a shuttle service will transport you on to the Finish Line Festival to cross the finish line.
GRABBING YOUR GEAR
- Gear Trucks will not arrive on-site until after 11:30 AM, and take approximately 90 minutes to unload, so gear will not be available to participants until after 1:00 PM! If you intend to depart from the Finish Line Festival to the airport to catch a flight, plan your schedule accordingly.
SPECIAL GUEST INFORMATION
- Friends and families of AIDS/LifeCycle participants – this is the place for you! Come cheer in your Riders and Roadies as they complete their journey down the coast of California!
- If you’re planning on cheering in a participant, talk to them beforehand to get an idea of when they expect to arrive at the Finish Line Festival site. The fastest Cyclists usually ride in around 11AM, with most cyclists coming in between 12PM and 4PM.
- The Finish Line Festival will take place from 11AM to 5:00 PM
- There is very limited parking available at Fairfax High School for spectators. We suggest utilizing carpools, ride sharing, and public transportation as much as possible.
- Limited parking is available for a fee on a first come, first served basis at several lots within 1 mile of Fairfax High School:
- West Hollywood Spaulding Lot, 7718 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046
- Arrow Parking, 330 N. Fairfax, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Nat’l Parking, 7275 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- 703 North Fairfax, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Orange Grove Lot, 1114N N Orange Grove, West Hollywood, CA 90046
- Designated friends / family / Uber or other rideshare pickup locations will be marked by signage, and will be available along Genesee Ave.