AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
AIDS/LifeCycle is co-produced by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center and is designed to advance their shared interests to end the pandemic and human suffering caused by AIDS.
The goals of AIDS/LifeCycle are to:
- Raise funds to support the HIV/AIDS services of the Los Angeles LGBT Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation;
- Increase awareness and knowledge about the services and programs offered by the benefiting organizations;
- Increase awareness and knowledge about HIV/AIDS among participants, their donors and the general public;
- Increase AIDS activism and volunteerism among the participant and donor communities, inspiring them to become ambassadors in the fight against AIDS;
- Provide a positive, life-affirming experience for people affected and infected by HIV;
- Contribute to an increased understanding of the disproportionate impact HIV has had on the GLBT communities in SF and LA;
- Encourage an environment of dignity and improved quality of life for those affected by HIV and AIDS.