AIDS/LifeCycle is a nonprofit public benefit corporation which has been granted tax exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). Our Federal EIN is 94-2927405.
San Francisco AIDS Foundation
HOW YOUR GIFT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
San Francisco AIDS Foundation works to end HIV in the city where it first took hold and eventually everywhere. Established in 1982, our mission is the radical reduction of new infections in San Francisco because we refuse to accept HIV as inevitable.
We are guided by three ambitious goals for 2015:
- Reduce new HIV infections by 50%, through health services including testing, treatment as prevention, syringe access and support services for 1,500 African-Americans, Latinos, and newly diagnosed men
- Ensure all San Franciscans know their HIV status, through over 10,000 HIV tests at five locations in neighborhood “hot spots” and an HIV testing van delivering services citywide
- Ensure access to proper care for all HIV-positive San Franciscans, through advocacy targeting Medicaid expansion and implementation of the Affordable Care Act, and expanding sexual health services.
With you by our side, San Francisco will be the first U.S. city to end the HIV epidemic.
Your gift(s) to San Francisco AIDS Foundation help us provide the following essential services for prevention and care. While government funding sometimes provides the bulk of the resources to deliver vital services, private support like yours bridges the gap (an average of 30%) and provides us the resources to expand critical services beyond current government funding limitations and fully serve those in need.
- $50,000 can help provide a counselor at The Stonewall Project who can see 40 clients a year for harm reduction counseling, which integrates substance use, mental health, and HIV prevention and education.
- $25,000 can help provide a half-time peer advocate who can see 50 clients for a year, helping them get to their doctor appointments and assisting them with daily living activities.
- $15,000 can help 120 Magnet clients receive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education and counseling.
- $10,000 can help us provide counseling services for more than 250 clients in one month through The Stonewall Project—which combines substance use, mental health, and HIV prevention
- $7,500 can help provide a nurse for one month to administer STD screenings and treatments to 100 Magnet clients
- $5,000 can help keep the Stop AIDS HIV Testing RV rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and transmen can be tested and counseled.
- $2,500 can help four HIV-positive people receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
- $1,000 can help provide two Stop AIDS Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
- $500 can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
- $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people at Magnet, Stop AIDS, or other SFAF sites.
- $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
- $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Stop AIDS Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
- $10 can help provide 143 condoms that the Stop AIDS Project will distribute.
In addition to our programs and services, our public policy work has a national scope: we are helping develop and implement the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, as well as the formulation of HIV/AIDS components of national healthcare reform legislation. Your support helps people in every corner of the country who are impacted by HIV.