Orientation Day takes place the day before Ride Out and is your chance to check in for the event, pick up your participant credentials and fundraising incentives, shop for new merch at the Camp Store, and meet with event sponsors.
All participants are required to check in for the event on Orientation Day and Check-In will be open from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Depending on your participant type, additional actions may be required:
- Cyclists: You will be required to check in your bike with event staff on Orientation Day, where it will be waiting for you when you return for Ride Out the following morning. Please plan to drop off your bike with the event staff before getting in line for check-in. Bike Parking opens at 8:00 AM. After you check in and receive your participant credentials, you will return to Bike Parking to place your Cyclist Number on your bike.
- Roadies: In addition to check-in you will be required to attend an orientation meeting for all Roadies from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, followed by a breakout meeting with your Roadie team that will last approximately one hour. Your Roadie captain will reach out with more details in the spring, but please plan to be on-site for the afternoon.
Orientation is held at the Cow Palace in Daly City, located at 2600 Geneva Ave. Ample parking is available on-site, and food options will be available for purchase throughout the day.
What to bring to Orientation Day
- Your photo ID.
- Your bike.
- Your cash or credit card.
- Any additional check/paper donations if you need to drop them off at Donor Services.
Do not bring to Orientation Day
- Your gear bag. (If you are arriving directly from the airport, we will have temporary luggage storage available while you finish the Orientation Day process).
- Helmet and water bottles (unless you’re riding your bike to Orientation Day).
- We love pets, however, pets are not allowed at the Cow Palace. Service animals are welcome.
Cyclist Fundraising Minimum
- All Cyclists must have at least $3,500 showing in their fundraising account before checking in.
- If you have cash or a check to turn in to reach $3,500 or to complete a Donation Guarantee, visit Donor Services before checking in.
- To ensure the health and safety of all participants, everyone must submit a Medical Form before checking in.
- Participants submit their Medical Form online through the MyRide portal before check-in. If you have not completed this process by the time you arrive at the Cow Palace, please do so from your phone before you get to the Check-In counter.
All participants have the option to book their own hotel rooms along the route or sleep in camp each night. In camp, participants sleep in 2-person tents provided by the Ride and have the option to choose their own tentmate or be randomly assigned one. The process for selecting your tentmate begins in March and is managed online through your MyRide portal.