AIDS/LifeCycle has partnered with several bike shipping vendors to offer shipping to our Cyclists to San Francisco pre-event, and from the Finish Line Festival in Los Angeles to wherever your home may be.
IMPORTANT: If you ship your bike independently with any shipping service other than through our partners listed below, DO NOT SHIP DIRECTLY TO THE COW PALACE. Only our partners listed below are authorized to consolidate bike shipments for delivery to the Cow Palace. If you ship your bike independently to a business, residence or hotel you assume full responsibility for the timely arrival and condition.
Tip: Tune-up your bike BEFORE shipping to avoid potentially long lines at Cannondale.
ACE Ride offers bike shipping for all in-California and out-of-California participants in the United States.
Pre-event, ACE Ride offers shipping from Los Angeles, Orange County, Palm Springs and San Diego; post-event, ACE Ride offers shipping to San Francisco and San Diego.
Pre-event bike transportation reservations must be made by May 17th.
Bikes shipped pre-event will be available for pickup at Orientation Day.
Bikes shipped post-event to San Francisco are available on Monday, June 10 from 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM and Tuesday, June 11th from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM. You must collect your bike by Tuesday, June 11th at 8:00pm or you will be subject to a penalty fine for extended bike storage. Bikes can be picked up from:
1590 Bryant Street
San Francisco, 94103
Access Bike Retrieval from Florida Street garage entrance, 1 block west of Bryant.
A discounted Sports Basement bike tuneup is available if shipping your bike to Sports Basement for pickup!
For more information and to book pre- and post-event transportation for your bike click here.
ACE Ride offers round trip bike transportation for all out-of-California participants within the United States.
Pre-event bike transportation reservations must be made by
May 13, 2019 Closed for 2019.
Bikes are transported fully assembled and unboxed, pedals do not need to be removed.
For more information and to book pre- and post-event transportation for your bike click here. Participants who do not see their cities included should contact ACE Ride directly.
FedEx is able to provide service to all of our participants via FedEx Ground. Bikes must be disassembled at a bike shop before boxing your bike to ship to the Cow Palace.
Please bring your boxed bike to a staffed FedEx location and ship your bike between Monday, May 13th and Tuesday, May 21st, and select FedEx Ground Service. Please check that your registered name appears on the shipping label and your bike box.
Please use this address to ship to Cow Palace:
(PARTICIPANT NAME and Cell Phone Number)
2600 Geneva Ave
Daly City, CA 94014
You must include the best phone number to reach you at on Orientation Day.
FedEx is also able to ship your bikes from the Finish Line Festival to your home prepaid, so your labels will be printed and ready at the Finish Line Festival. Fill out a pre-shipment form to avoid waiting in line at the Finish Line Festival.
Please note: You will not be able to ship back your bikes in used cardboard boxes. If you are using cardboard boxes, you will be required to purchase a new one at the Finish Line Festival from Cannondale. Cannondale will be on-site at the Cow Palace and at the Finish Line Festival to help you to assemble and disassemble your bike.
Flying with your Bike
AIDS/LifeCycle is proud to partner with United Airlines to offer discounted airfares and free bike shipping to participants flying into San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airports (SJC) and out of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), John Wayne (SNA), and Burbank (BUR) Airports, between May 26 – June 11!
- To take advantage of this offer, Participants can visit united.com/meetingtravel and enter ZFWZ101320 in the offer code box. This code includes the checked-baggage fees for your bike box (NOTE: if your boxed bike is over 50lbs, a standard overweight service charge will apply)
- Participants should then go through self-service check-in when they at the airport, get bag tags, and check luggage (and bike box, if applicable) through the normal airport processes
- United is not liable for damages to bicycles that have been improperly packaged or boxed
A note about 3rd party shipping vendors:
AIDS/LifeCycle endorses ACE Ride and FedEx as the official bike shippers for the event. AIDS/LifeCycle has no official policy regarding the use of a 3rd party shipping vendor, such as Bike Flights, to ship your bike to or from the event, however, using these vendors comes with special considerations that participants must keep in mind:
- Limits of Liability: it is the participant’s responsibility to declare the correct value of their equipment to 3rd party shipping vendors before shipping your bike. Make sure your shipment is adequately covered for losses or damages!
- Participants must ensure that they’re selecting FedEx as the carrier for a 3rd party vendor to use. Other shipping companies like UPS, DHL, USPS, etc. are not on-site at Orientation Day or the Finish Line.
- FedEx is not responsible for undervalued limits of liability via 3rd party shipping vendors and cannot be responsible for losses or damage beyond the specified amount.
- Participants should arrive at the event with their return shipping label pre-printed. There will be no printers available at the Finish Line to print forgotten or lost return labels. FedEx does not have access to 3rd party vendors tracking information.
Cannondale will be on-site at the Cow Palace and at the Finish Line Festival to help you to assemble and disassemble your bike.
Cost for assembly – $30 and cost for disassembly – $30 credit card only. They will also be selling bike boxes at the Finish Line Festival for $30.
AIDS/LifeCycle is proud to be partnering with Cannondale and InCycle to offer bike rentals for the week of the event! If you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity, please reach out to AIDS/LifeCycle Community Partner InCycle at Lala@incycle.com to submit a request. All available bikes are the Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc 105. There is a limited amount available, and reservations are first come first served!