Tenting - Frequently Asked Questions
There are two ways for Participants to complete the tenting process:
- Online by May 15th, or
- In-person on Orientation Day
Online tenting dates & deadlines:
- Online tenting opens: Monday, March 2nd
- Online tenting closes: Friday, May 15th
Requirements for online tenting eligibility:
- Medical Form must be completed/submitted
- Medical Form completed/submitted
- $3,000 in fundraising achieved
- Pledge option available
- Proof of Matching Gifts accepted
Online Tenting Process:
- Both tent mates must complete all requirements (Med. form and/or fundraising minimum)
- Log in to your Participant Center and initiate a tent mate request
- The person who received the request must log in to their Participant Center and “confirm” tent mate
- Once both tent mates have confirmed the pair is set
Once the above is completed, if you have a group or team you would like to be placed within the grid, both tent mates need to log in and input your group/team code (provided by your team captain)
- I want to ensure that I am placed with my team but I haven’t hit the fundraising minimum yet. What are my options?
- Self donate the remaining balance
- Make a pledge for the remaining balance. Pledges can be extended for up to 10 months. Once the first pledge payment is made, the total amount of the pledge is credited toward your fundraising. You can then continue fundraising and, once you have achieved the fundraising minimum you can stop future pledge payments. Please note that although we can stop future payments, refunds will NOT be issued for pledge payments already collected.
- Provide proof of matching gift that will secure your fundraising minimum. If you are waiting on a matching gift to push you over 3k, you can provide proof in the form of written communication from the company in order to be made eligible for tenting. The proof must be submitted to your Cyclist Rep. no later than Wednesday, May 12th.
- I won’t hit my fundraising minimum in time. Do I still have the option to select my tentmate?
- Yes. If you do not complete online tenting you still have the ability to select your own tent mate, though you will not be guaranteed a tent location close to a team. You and your tent mate should coordinate to come through check-in together on Orientation Day and we can pair you on site.
- I plan to do my tenting in person. Can I still be placed with a team?
- The only way to guarantee you are placed with your team in the grid is for you to complete online tenting. If you complete tenting in person, tents will be assigned in order of next available space on the grid.
- In the past you accepted rooming lists for teams, does this hold true for 2020?
- No. In order to provide a positive check-in experience for Participants we have moved to a process of expanding options for eligibility of online tenting.
- Why are you making these changes to tenting?
- We want to ensure that the participant experience during check-in on Orientation Day is easy and smooth. During the previous few years, we started making exceptions to the process that caused long lines, confusion, and overall dissatisfaction. In order to help more folks get to their minimum in time for the online tenting process, we have expanded options for meeting fundraising minimums in line with the May 15th deadline.
- What if everyone on my team decides to do tenting in person? Can we be placed together on the grid?
- On Orientation Day tents will be assigned in order of the next available spot on the grid. The only way to ensure you are placed with your team is by completing online tenting and inputting your group/team code.