Rest Stop Rules & Tips
While this is a ride, and not a race, the Rest Stops, Water Stops and Lunch are open specific hours. Rest Stop hours are posted each day in camp and published in the daily newsletter available each morning. If you roll up after a Rest Stop has closed, you’ll be asked to hop into one of our support vehicles and driven to camp so we can guarantee you complete the day safely. Don’t worry about your bike! We’ll transport that back to camp for you as well.
We recommend you take the time every 15-20 miles to stop at the Rest Stops and use these tips and tricks:
- Hydrate at each Rest Stop (even if you don’t think you’re thirsty.)
- Apply sunscreen and butt buttr.
- If the restroom lines are short, use them.
- For sanitary reasons, always allow Rest Stop Roadies to hand you fruit, bagels and all food not individually packed.
- Make sure you stretch and snack at each Rest Stop, but don’t spend too long!
- The Rest Stops are lots of fun and they often have themes! Check out a show from the famous Rest Stop 4 team below!