Airfare and Transportation
AIDS/LifeCycle is proud to partner with United Airlines to offer discounted airfares for participants flying inbound to San Francisco Bay Area Airports (SFO and SJC); and outbound from Los Angeles / SoCal area airports (LAX, BUR, ONT, SNA) between June 2 through June 14!
- To take advantage of this offer, Participants can CLICK HERE to be taken to the booking page on United Airlines website. Note the restrictions listed above as to arrival and departure dates and airports.
- Upon arrival at the airport, participants should go through self-service check-in, get bag tags, and check luggage (and bike box, if applicable) through the normal airport processes
- United is not liable for damages to bicycles that have been improperly packaged or boxed
Already purchased a flight with United? Let us know at email@example.com!
COVID-19 Advisory for Travelers
It is possible that a participant traveling to San Francisco for AIDS/LifeCycle contracts COVID during their travel as social distancing is challenging and ventilation may be poor. In addition to being fully vaccinated and wearing a mask over your nose and mouth, consider additional ways you can mitigate transmission in your travel arrangements, such as:
- Carry hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes
- Wash hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing where possible when traveling
Thank you for helping us keep the AIDS/LifeCycle community happy and healthy!
INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS: Travel into the United States requires adherence to certain guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control, and guidance continues to change as COVID-19 and its variants evolve. Stay up to date with guidance by reviewing the CDC’s Air Travel website prior to traveling.
- Starting December 6, all air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States.
- You must be fully vaccinated to travel to the United States by plane if you are a non-U.S. Citizen.
- Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required in indoor areas of public transportation, including airplanes, traveling into, within, or out of the United States and indoors in U.S. transportation hubs, including airports.
- With specific exceptions, noncitizens who have been in certain countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States. For more information, visit Travelers Prohibited from Entry into the United States.
- Check out recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention on traveling to the United States from international destinations.
Free shuttles will be running from Sports Basement on Bryant Street in San Francisco to Orientation Day at the Cow Palace. Shuttles will begin running at 8:00 AM. The last shuttle will depart the Cow Palace immediately following the end of Orientation Day at 5:30 PM. Simply show up at Sports Basement to catch the shuttle to Orientation Day with your bike.
Not only can you grab a shuttle, but Sports Basement will be BBQing for all AIDS/LifeCycle participants, and hosting a tutu-making party so you’re ready to ride in style. They’re also offering a discount to AIDS/LifeCycle participants to pick up any last minute necessities before you begin your journey – 20% off for members of the Basementeers program, and 11% off for non-Basementeers (so it’s a great time to sign up!)
Shuttles will be running from the Westin San Francisco Airport, servicing participants staying at the Westin SFO Airport, the Aloft Hotel. Shuttles will also run from Hostelling International Downtown San Francisco, servicing participants staying in Downtown San Francisco hotels. Participants do not have to be staying at a hotel to purchase a ticket for the shuttle. Shuttles will pick up participants at 4:30 AM from listed locations only. Tickets are $10 and will be available to purchase in your Participant Center.